Thursday, February 25, 2021

I Never Had a Green Thumb - I Cannot Grow Anything

It is my hope that when you read the title of this post that you dear reader think this is about you! 

What?! 

How Rude! 😳

Please rest assured that I am a helper. I love to empower others.

Against many odds, I have scrambled, clawed, arisen from the ashes loaded with many Life Hacks.

It is to let every person know that because your first attempt at tomatoes failed, or  I murdered the Azaleas, those losses were not our failure to grow things. It was simply not the time, place, temperature, or season.

My own mother was terrified of cooking. Her own parents were whizzes with food, including growing every fruit tree that flourished in Southern California. She was always afraid to fail and be "kitchen-shunned." She avoided the stove and oven at all costs.

Luckily, I have a good appetite and knew that flavor and spice could turn the toughest questionable shoe-leather meat into a treat to the taste buds. Of course, everything doesn't always turn out. My first Scratch Cake was an honest heart-attack if anyone could taste it - I am gagging right now thinking of the taste. I mixed up the sugar and salt measurements - I was seven years old, so cut me some slack. It was horrid. 

Now I know if we lived on a farm we could've had a salt-lick for the cows. 🐄

    The goal here is that I am going to help uplift someone, or two, or twenty - however many, if it is just one, you can pass it on to others once we have done some work in preparing all of our Ground(s) with LOVE. 💖

    At some point, there will be more courage to start feeling gutsy and powerful when it comes to you and what you grow. 

Food, medicine, worms, trees, herds, equitable and sustainable industries, shelters, homes 🌴



 

No comments:

Post a Comment